What do I WANT? I’ve been speaking at many events these past few months and a common theme has been surfacing. This theory that people are naturally driven towards three things: sustenance, connection and growth. And its not just how we perceive the life around us. it is about knowing that these things are critical for our health and actively pursuing them. Sometimes, pursuing AUTHENTIC sustenance, connection and growth absolutely is uncomfortable. It takes sacrifice, energy, endurance. But more than anything, it first requires articulation. WHAT DO YOU WANT?
Happiness sprouts up from our actions.
Guess who is spending another 30 months living abroad in central Europe? Yep! It’s Special K. I have 30 months, beginning in March 2012 and ending in September 2014 to complete LIFE SHAPING Tasks. Activities or experiences that FULFILL and CHALLENGE and STRETCH me. Things that are meant to bring me a sense of ALIVENESS.
Sustenance, Connection, Growth.
1) Roll Dice in Monte Carlo (winning is a bonus!)
2) Stomp on grapes during harvest (or at least try and WATCH it, if it still happens around here!) —-how about just PICKING them?
4) Skinny Dip in the Ocean/Sunbathe Topless (oh la la!)
6) Bet on a horse (winning is a bonus!)
9) Hike something big (a 14-er? A volcano?) MT KILIMINJARO!
10) Run a Half Marathon in under 2 Hours (completed in April, 2012, 1:45!)
13) Take Surfing Lessons
14) Take a Spanish Course and Converse Freely
15) Brew my own Batch of Beer
16) Attend a Jazz Festival or visit an official Jazz Bar
17) Sail? Or at least be a passenger on a boat of some sort
19) Run with the bulls. In Spain.
20) Truffle Hunt. Or hunt in general
21) See an Opera in Vienna (March 2012)
22) Complete 500K in Volksmarches
23) Rock Climb OUTSIDE
24) Complete a top chef like challenge
25) Stay overnight in a monastery/ashram, visit a place with holy people and participate in a sacred ritual
26) Winter Sports something Amazing (Vallee Blanche?)
27) Donate something big (PLATLETS, Three times in 2012)
THESE WILL BE FILLED IN LATER. TASKS for the K-yet-to-be and make room for the desires that I cannot name yet. Believe me, they are marinating somewhere
These aren’t really to REPLACE my 101 list, which I did NOT complete in 1001 days. Why didn’t I complete them? Obviously? Somehow, they drifted away from me, and the task of panhandling $5 or sneaking into a convention spoke to me, but not as loud as other recent distractions, like learning about honey bees in croatia or being breathless by the colors of a bull fight.
How do you feel ALIVE? Where is your sustenance, connection, growth?